This time of year, our toes are tucked away in warm socks, winter footwear, ski boots, and cozy slippers, but just because they’re out of sight doesn’t mean they should be out of mind! Making sure your toes and nails are clean, dry, and problem-free is important no matter what the season, and besides, after being in hiding for so long, a little TLC could be just what they need. In fact, how does pampering yourself with a mid-winter pedicure sound?
Of course, if you do want to break up the long winter by showing your toes some love, keep these safety tips in mind to protect yourself from problems like ingrown toenails or fungal infections:
At-home pedicure tips
- Make sure you sterilize clippers between each use.
- Trim nails straight across and even with the tips of your toes – don’t round the corners!
- Use an emery board to smooth edges and a pumice stone to smooth rough skin.
In the salon suggestions
- Visit first or call ahead to ensure equipment and tools are sanitized.
- Don’t let the technician use any sharp tools to cut cuticles or rough skin.
- Make your appointment early in the day when the salon is at its cleanest.
- Refrain from shaving your legs beforehand to avoid any possible nicks or cuts that could allow a fungus to enter.
If you do notice the signs of a fungal infection, our laser treatment can help you get rid of it in time for sandal season. If you are struggling with tenderness from an ingrown nail, we can help with that too. Just give us a call at (303) 805-5156 or use our online contact form. With these tips and our help, your toes will be happy whether they’re inside their socks or out!