There are plenty of conservative bunion treatments you can try to ease your bunion pain -- from footwear with deep and wide toe boxes, to custom orthotics, splints and spacers, and even exercises. However, if you have exhausted these options and still can’t find relief for your bunion pain and symptoms, that is a sure sign it’s time to consider bunion surgery. Other signs a surgical procedure has become necessary to maintain a good quality of life include:
- Persistent pain
- Increased size of bony protrusion
- Difficulty walking or wearing shoes
- The pain is forcing you to alter or give up activities
- The joint is stiffening and causing balance issues
- The big toe is drifting so far over that it is overlapping or causing friction with the second toe
When you start noticing these symptoms, and they are only getting worse, it’s time to give us a call and discuss your surgical options. We will help you determine which procedure best suits your needs and lifestyle, and get you back to the pain-free days you thought were long gone! Schedule an appointment by dialing (303) 805-5156 or by using our online contact form. When you’re ready for bunion surgery, you can count on us.