What A Podiatrist Does When She Gets Toenail Fungus

What does your foot doctor do when she has toenail fungus. Shhh. Don’t tell anyone, but I’m going to let you in on a little secret – it happened to me too.

I didn’t want to do it, but my friend made me! I went to a pedicure salon. I had my beautiful polish on. About three weeks later, I took off my polish and oh my gosh, it was there. It was yellow, it looked horrible, my nail was crumbly. How did I get toenail fungus? What did I do for mine? I did toenail laser. I did three treatments. They were done once a month, and at the end of three treatments, I didn’t see much clear nail growth – I was worried. Typically, after about four months of toenail treatment with the laser, you’ll see clear growth 80% of the time. I was one of the other 20%, I couldn't believe it. What did I do? I did another laser! I boostered my toenails. Finally, I started seeing some clear nail growth. I can stand here today and say, ‘I’m relieved!’ My toenail fungus is gone. If you need help with your toenail fungus, let me help you. I’d like to get rid of it, so yours can be gone as well.

Dr. Cynthia Oberholtzer-Classen, DPM
Connect with me
Founder and Owner of Podiatry Associates, PC