How Can I Tell if I Have Athlete’s Foot?

Do you have a rash on your foot that itches or burns? Or maybe the skin on the bottom of your heel is cracking? Unfortunately, you might have athlete’s foot, which is a fungal infection of the skin. Watch this video to learn more about this foot condition.

There are two forms of athlete’s foot, which can include the acute form that appears as red blisters on your foot, cracks in between your toes, or cracking of the skin on the bottom of your foot. The other type of athlete’s foot is considered the chronic form, which reveals itself as dry skin. Each type of athlete’s foot condition should be treated because it can spread. The good news is treatment options typically include topical medications or antifungal pills that are taken orally.

To find out if you have athlete’s foot and how to eliminate it, one of our podiatrists will examine your feet. Call our Parker or Castle Pines offices at 303-805-5156 or connect with us online at

Dr. Cynthia Oberholtzer-Classen, DPM
Founder and Owner of Podiatry Associates, PC